Caustic Soda Lye
Article no.: HMO Caustic Soda Lye
Caustic soda lye is used in many and various industries, such as paper, textiles and nutrition as well as in the production of soaps, detergents, cleansing agents, aluminium, paints and in the pharmaceuticals sector.
- Click & Collect from 1 € 0.00 Incl. 0.00% VATLocal pick-up
- DHL from 1 € 0.00 € 5.90 Incl. 20.00% VATDelivery within three days
- DHL Express from 1 € 0.00 € 11.90 Incl. 20.00% VATDelivery on the next day
- Fedex from 1 € 0.00 € 6.90 Incl. 20.00% VATDelivery within three days
- TNT from 1 € 0.00 € 8.90 Incl. 20.00% VATDelivery within three days
Caustic soda lye is sodium hydroxide dissolved in water and is produced by chlor-alkali electrolysis from salt (sodium chloride).
Examples of applications
In the chemicals industry, caustic soda lye is one of the most commonly traded lyes encountered on a daily basis. Caustic soda lye is used in the paper industry to remove lignin, for example, and to clean bottles, pipework, tanks, etc. It is also found in household products such as paint strippers and even in soaps. In addition, caustic soda lye is used in the food industry, for example in the production of potato starch or milk powder. Furthermore, caustic soda lye finds application in the metalworking industry and in water treatment plants.
- Bulk in rail tank cars
- Bulk in road tank cars
- Bulk in iso tank containers