Article no.: HMO Maleic Anhydride
Maleic anhydride (MA) is mainly used in the production of unsaturated polyester resins (UPR). It requires expert handling.
- Click & Collect from 1 € 0.00 Incl. 0.00% VATLocal pick-up
- DHL from 1 € 0.00 € 5.90 Incl. 20.00% VATDelivery within three days
- DHL Express from 1 € 0.00 € 11.90 Incl. 20.00% VATDelivery on the next day
- Fedex from 1 € 0.00 € 6.90 Incl. 20.00% VATDelivery within three days
- TNT from 1 € 0.00 € 8.90 Incl. 20.00% VATDelivery within three days
Maleic anhydride (MA) is a clear liquid with a very unpleasant odour. The chemical intermediate product consists of the raw material benzene or n-butane. The downstream products are fumaric acid, malic acid and succinic acid, as well as butandiol. These are manufactured in an integrated production process. Maleic anhydride exists in both liquid and solid form (pastilles, briquettes or flakes). 90% of the European demand is served with liquid product. Due to its chemical structure, maleic anhydride is a highly reactive product. It is hygroscopic and changes under extreme heat. The melting point is 53°C. The handling of maleic anhydride requires expert skills. HELM AG has years of experience in the logistics of handling this product and specially trained staff. Moreover, HELM only works with professional service providers with the requisite skills.
Examples of applications
A typical field of application with a share of around 50% is in unsaturated polyester resins (UPR). Maleic anhydride is also used in the production of solvents, adhesives, lubricants, cleaning agents, surface treatment additives and dyes.
- Bulk in road tank cars
- Bulk in iso tank containers