Article no.: HMO VAM
Vinyl acetate monomer (VAM) is a versatile product found in many objects in our daily lives – from composite safety glass right through to flip flop sandals. HELM is one of the leading suppliers of VAM worldwide.
- Click & Collect from 1 € 0.00 Incl. 0.00% VATLocal pick-up
- DHL from 1 € 0.00 € 5.90 Incl. 20.00% VATDelivery within three days
- DHL Express from 1 € 0.00 € 11.90 Incl. 20.00% VATDelivery on the next day
- Fedex from 1 € 0.00 € 6.90 Incl. 20.00% VATDelivery within three days
- TNT from 1 € 0.00 € 8.90 Incl. 20.00% VATDelivery within three days
Thanks to a joint venture with Sipchem (Saudi International Petrochemical Company), HELM AG holds the exclusive marketing rights for the vinyl acetate monomer produced in Al-Jubail, Saudi Arabia. This position makes HELM AG one of the world’s leading suppliers of the product VAM. Vinyl acetate monomer is a colourless liquid with a sweet odour. It is made from the raw materials ethylene, acetic Acid and oxygen. VAM has a tendency to polymerise spontaneously. For this reason, it is stabilised using hydroquinone in quantities specified by the customer.
Examples of applications
Vinyl Acetate Monomer is the basic ingredient in numerous products in our daily lives. In the form of Polyvinyl Acetate (PVA), it is used to manufacture dispersions; in the form of polyvinyl alcohol (PVOH), is it found in protective films for mobile phones and LCD televisions; in the form of Polyvinyl butyral (PVB), it plays an important role in the production of composite safety glass for the automotive industry; and in the form of ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) it is used in the manufacture of flip flop sandals and shower curtains. Other fields of application include as binding agents in the construction and the paints and varnishes industries. VAM is also an important raw material used in the paper, adhesives and textiles industries.
- Bulk in seagoing vessels / barges
- Bulk in rail tank cars
- Bulk in road tank cars
- Bulk in iso tank containers