Article no.: HMO Potassium Sulphate
Potassium sulphate (SOP) is next to potassium chloride the most common potassium nutrient used in crop nutrition.
- Click & Collect from 1 € 0.00 Incl. 0.00% VATLocal pick-up
- DHL from 1 € 0.00 € 5.90 Incl. 20.00% VATDelivery within three days
- DHL Express from 1 € 0.00 € 11.90 Incl. 20.00% VATDelivery on the next day
- Fedex from 1 € 0.00 € 6.90 Incl. 20.00% VATDelivery within three days
- TNT from 1 € 0.00 € 8.90 Incl. 20.00% VATDelivery within three days
Potassium sulphate (SOP) is a water soluble, white and crystalline salt. The mineral form arcanite is relatively rare. The main resources for SOP are found in combination with other mineral sulfates, such as magnesium, sodium and calcium. Another way of producing SOP is a combination of potassium chloride and kieserite. Most common forms of manufacture are from potassium chloride through a synthetic reaction with sulfuric acid or sulfur dioxide. Potassium sulphate contains between 50-52% of K2O and approx. 18% of sulphur which is a needed element in plant growth and deficiant in many soils. Otherwise than potasssium chloride (SOP) does not contain any chlorides, which can be harmful to some crops like tobacco, fruits and vegetable.
Examples of applications
The usage for potassium sulphate is fertilizer, most commonly in mult-nutrient-fertilizers such as NPKs.